Nerdalize is on a bold journey to turn the Netherlands into a huge data center. To make this happen, we need great IT nerds.
We developed market-leading technology to cool server CPU cores that can heat homes while being sold as Cloud capacity. Currently, we focus on the market of HTC Batch processing with a multi-tenant Containers-as-a-Service platform. We build and manage our own cloud infrastructure, help our customers adopt cloud infrastructure in general with a platform that is easy to use, and sell our infrastructure. Meanwhile we can offer all this at a lower price than our competitors.
Your mission is to participate in building a distributed systems infrastructure that we can scale to thousands of physical machines, build a compute platform to first serve a niche market, and then developing the technology to go big.
So, you’ve got bare metal servers. 10 Gbit dark fiber infrastructure to the home? If so, some high performance routers and DWDM equipment maybe? Or would you rather focus on multi-tenancy in the virtualization layer, storage, SDN solutions? Maybe you’re more into higher level distributed systems challenges like container orchestration with Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, Nomad, or service discovery? Whatever your fancy, we get excited by bleeding edge technology to prototype our systems.
Together with our sales colleagues we gather customer feedback and develop our systems further. But sooner or later it’s production time. And if you build it, you run it.
Let’s do this. The world is your
- Development & Operations of our bare metal management system
- Development & Operations of our multi-tenant compute platform
- Continuously improve development, testing and deployment processes with automation tools and methodology
- Constantly assess new technologies, judge how they can make us faster or better
- Use your analysis and engineering skills to take up complex, unique challenges that more narrowly-minded specialists seem to shy away from (“That’s impossible!” Haha!)
Our ideal candidate has broad engineering skills:
- Provable skills in software development (we do Go and some Python, but Java/C++/Scala skills qualify).
- Meaningful understanding of some existing software architecture, and the ability to propose, design, and implement new ones.
- Familiarity with network protocols, from the lower layers (IP, TCP, UDP) to HTTP.
- Linux system administration & bash skills (also configuration management, etc)
- Knowledge of Linux infrastructure tools (Docker, KVM, networking, storage)
- Familiarity with agile/iterative software development and testing techniques
- Computer Science degree strongly preferred
- Extremely motivated, self activating learner; you want to deep dive into the variety of technologies we are putting to use
- Able to clearly articulate your reasoning process in a technical design discussion, using both natural language and whiteboard diagrams
- Be an emotionally intelligent person who is good at reviewing and being reviewed
- Strong sense of responsibility and an attitude to get it done
- Start up experience is a plus
- We trust our colleagues and customers and actively seek to understand them.
- We are honest with each other and ourselves.
- We are self starters who thrive with autonomy, and perceive “chaos” as an opportunity to shine.
- We love a good discussion and survive disagreements.
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other.
- We are transparent thinkers and action oriented doers.
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in what we develop.
- High performance and innovation driven working environment
- Having responsibility and impact from day 1
- Strong team spirit
- Team lunch, coffee galore and stroopwafels
- Friday drinks, great parties and awesome team outings
- Sports package: foosball and ping pong
Are you the engineer we’re looking for? Apply by sending your motivation and CV to !